India Cultural Center and Temple offers a comprehensive path to learn Yoga with a well defined course structure where one can start from the basics and reach the level of a Yoga master with the help of our highly qualified Yogacharya (Yoga Master). We also offer flute classes taught by Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji). Read through this page for complete details.
ICCT Yoga Training
Yoga (Sanskrit: योग, or ‘union’) is a group of physical, mental, and spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in ancient India that aim to control and still the mind. Yoga is first mentioned in the Rigveda, and is referred to in a number of the Upanishads. The most comprehensive text on Yoga, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, date to the early centuries. There are a wide variety of schools of yoga and practices. The term “yoga” in the Western world often denotes a modern form of Hatha yoga and a posture-based physical fitness, stress-relief and relaxation technique consisting largely of the asanas; this differs from traditional yoga, which focuses on meditation and release from worldly attachments.
India Cultural Center and Temple offers a comprehensive path to learn Yoga with a well defined course structure where one can start from the basics and reach the level of a Yoga master with the help of our highly qualified Yogacharya (Yoga Master). Please read through this page for complete details.
Our multi-talented Yoga Guru possesses multiple skills and is a music maestro having good knowledge and experience of both Hindustani and Carnatic traditions of music. Sharma ji is an excellent player of bamboo Flute which he often plays as live music during meditation sessions.
Click on the links below to navigate to a specific section of the page.
Yoga Certificate Course (YCC) | Yoga Intermediate Course | Yoga Guru | Pay Course Fee | Course Contents | Testimonials | Path Forward | Contact Us
Yoga Certificate Course
25th February to 17th June, 2023
Registrations are CLOSED for current batch, Please CHECK back in JUNE !
Every Saturday: 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM
Course fee: $ 350 (includes kit – yoga mat, yoga dress, course material)
– Develops self-confidence, memory power and focused mind
– Alignment of mind, body and spirit in our 100-acres natural environment
– Qualifies to self-sufficiently practice authentic yoga and meditation
– Incorporates yogic life style in managing stress and depression
– Improves flexibility, balance and posture to perform any work without physical exhaustion
– Authentic yoga training under the supervision of our internationally experienced yoga teachers
– This course is mandatory to get admission in our subsequent advanced level yoga courses
For more details, please contact Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) at (845) 423-3433 or [email protected]
Yoga Intermediate Course
5th February to 18th June, 2023
Registrations are CLOSED for the current batch, Please CHECK back in JUNE !
Every Sunday: 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM
Course fee: $ 250
Eligibility: MUST HAVE COMPLETED Yoga Certificate Course (YCC)
For more details, please contact Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) at (845) 423-3433 or [email protected]
About Yoga Guru
Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) hails from South Indian Yogic family in which Yoga is a family lineage for several generations. He was initiated into Yoga by his grandfather in 1979 and began teaching Yoga at the very young age of 11 years. He studied Yoga therapy & Naturopathy in Gujarat Ayurved University, Jamnagar.
His global Yoga teachings and performances started in 2004 with South Korea. Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) received award from Ministry of Culture, Government of India and soon was appointed as Indian Cultural diplomat at various India’s foreign missions in abroad. He has trained thousands of International Yoga Teachers in Indonesia, Japan, China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Australia, Nepal and USA.
After teaching in New York (2018), California (2019) and Texas (2020), Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) is now dedicated to preserve India’s ancient Yoga science with various Yoga courses and workshops at our Indian Cultural Center & Temple (ICCT), Memphis.
Apart from being a Guru of Yoga, Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) ji has 3 decades of working experience at religious / spiritual / cultural organizations. Being a Rig-Vedic Brahmin, he studied Smartha & Vedanta philosophy at the oldest city Banaras. He performs all priest services and heals various chronic health problems through Yoga Therapy, Naturopathy & Ayurveda.
Other than Yoga & Vedanta proficiency, Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) is a maestro of bamboo Flute. He often uses his composed melodious flute music tunes during his Live Music for Meditation sessions.
Please wait while images are loaded.
Read the experiences of some of our YCC certificate course batch #1 students who completed the course in May 2022.
YCC Batch #1 Student #1 – I began the Yoga Certification Course wanting to expand my yoga practice and upon completion of this course I have gained so much more knowledge about the yoga life than I thought. This course has taught me yoga principles that I can use in my daily life as well as my yoga practice to spread peace to all. Namaste!
YCC Batch #1 Student #2 – As the saying (Emerson’s) goes, once the mind is stretched by a new idea, it never goes back to its original dimensions. I thoroughly had this experience a d enjoyed every bit of this journey.
This is an entry level course, but offers so much, quite extensive as it includes multiple topics of complete yoga. The course caters towards building strong foundation with deep rooted explanations and bridges the gap with whys?… for eg., why one should practice pranayama, why one should practice meditation and why one should practice yoga. Once this is understood, then learning of yoga goes deeper and deeper with every single class.
The course content is extensive, but medium paced such that there is balanced and relaxed learning.
Memphis is lucky to have a very experienced, authentic Yoga Guru, Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji), who teaches traditional yoga that he learned from his yoga family who have been teaching yoga for multiple generations spanning over two hundred years.
This is the only yoga class, that introduces Musical Yoga in to practice. Overall this has been a very relaxing weekend retreat like setup. It was great to meet so many kind hearted souls. I think Memphis Yoga Community will soar high in the years to come. Be a part of this journey, it is much much needed in this time after what we all have been going through in the last couple of years.
YCC Batch #1 Student #3 – I have been thinking about joining a yoga course for the past few years and I felt ICCT’s yoga certificate course might fulfill my needs and YES, after completion of the course I gained so much of basic yoga knowledge which is effective in my day to day life. I am thankful to the ICCT team for bringing this course with a yoga guru, who is multi-talented. I am looking forward for the next level course.
India Cultural Center and Temple offers a comprehensive path to learn Yoga with a well defined course structure where one can start from the basics and reach the level of a Yoga master. Below is a list of all the Yoga Courses we offer to Yoga seekers:
|Yoga Certificate Course (YCC)||3 Months||Mandatory for all subsequent higher level courses.|
|Level 1 Yoga Course||3 Months||Should have completed YCC|
|Level 2 Yoga Course||3 Months||Should have completed Level 1 course and YCC|
|Level 3 Yoga Course||3 Months||Should have completed Level 2 course and all prior levels|
|Yoga Instructor Course (YIC)||6 Months||Should have completed Level 3 and all prior levels.|
|Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTT)||6 Months||Should have completed YIC and all prior levels|
|Yoga Master's Course (YMC)||12 Months||Should have completed YTT and all prior levels|
|Yoga Certificate Course (YCC)||YCC is the mandatory course to be completed by every student in order to study further all other Yoga courses. This course starts with introduction to Maharshi Patanjali Yoga sutras and adding various physical movements and postures with deep relaxation techniques. Students also learn Jala Neti Yoga cleansing technique (nasal irrigation), Trataka and other techniques along with breathing practices and meditation. The course ends with a non-formal physical test by the ICCT Yoga Guru Yogisri Sharma ji.
Origin, Raja yoga, Hatha yoga, Ashtanga yoga; moral disciplines, self restraints, body postures, breathing techniques, sensory control, concentration, meditation, ecstatic state and Shavasana
Progressive relaxation, Introduction, Legs; ankle, knee, hip rotations and butterfly, Hands; wrist, elbow, shoulder rotations and cow pose, Neck; pull, push, move downwards & backwards, rotation, Lion posture and Hasya yoga
Introduction, Prayer pose, Half wheel pose, Leg arms pose, Equestrian pose, Mountain pose, Salutation pose & explanation, Cobra pose and Conclusion
Introduction, Diamond pose, Half wheel diamond pose, Moon pose, Mouse pose, Tiger pose, Cat pose and Conclusion
Introduction, Natural breathing, Abdominal breathing, Chest breathing, Shoulder breathing, Yogic breathing, Mudras (Gestures), Sun & Moon breathing techniques
Introduction, Shat-chakras (7 Psycho-energetic centers), Music for meditation and healing
|Level 1 Yoga Course||These classes will explore various forms of Hatha Yoga, the branch of yoga that works primarily with the body through postures or Asanas. Body postures will be emphasized along with spinal alignment. In addition, increase muscle strength and flexibility.
YOGA LEVELS objective:
• To learn proper body alignment, increase strength and flexibility.
• To understand various forms of 84 yoga postures
• To use of Yoga Props
• To know the fundamental postures, alignment, adjustments
• To learn Yoga Nidra (a guided, deep-relaxation practice called ‘yogic sleep’)
|Level 2 Yoga Course|
|Level 3 Yoga Course|
|Yoga Instructor Course (YIC)||In this ICCT Patanjali Yogalayam's Yoga Instructor Course (YIC) students practically learn all the limbs of Ashtanga Yoga in depth, the “8 limbs” as per Maharshi Patanjali. After completing the course, student will be able to teach BASIC YOGA system to others. For all the 6month student will thoroughly learn,
1. Yama: Behavior and Social Conduct Practices
2. Niyama: Personal discipline
3. Asana: Physical Disciplines Anatomy & Physiology
4. Pranayama: Advance Breathing control practices
5. Pratyahara: Control of Sensory Perception
6. Dharana: Understanding concentration
7. Dhyana: Learning Meditation procedure
8. Samadhi: Knowing the essence of Yoga practice.
|Yoga Teacher Training Course (YTT)||The goal of the programme is to produce qualified and inspiring yoga teachers who are able to draw on their own practice and personal discipline in imparting the yoga experience to others. TTC begins with Guru Mantra initiation for students and ends with Shakti Paat (Energy transformation) from the Master. Student will learn for 6 months the Advance Teaching methods of Yoga that includes,
Asanas - Deeper understanding of hatha yoga
Pranayama Advanced pranayamas & Usage of bandhas (internal locks)
Meditation Concentration and thought power, Mantra chanting
Yoga Anatomy and Physiology The effects of asanas and pranayama on the major body systems
Yoga Nutrition Vegetarianism for physical, mental and spiritual health & Healing effects of fasting
Kriyas The six classical purification exercises for the eyes, nose, air passages, oesophagus and stomach, abdominal organs and large intestine. Explanation and demonstration of the exercises and their effects. Individual instruction.
How to teach Yoga - Teaching Practices for students?
How to teach the basic postures and breathing exercises to beginners and intermediate students
Setting up of a proper environment for class
Yoga for children
Yoga for limited mobility
Yoga for pregnancy
Hatha Yoga: From control over the body to control over the mind and meditation
|Yoga Master's Course (YMC)||The Master course is the highest of Yoga learning in Patanjali Yogalayam for a student. In this 1 year, student will completely understand the relationship between body, mind & soul. Yoga Guru will give special personal training to students druing the entire year. As the Syllabus is in depth, the teacher briefs the students before starting of Master level training.|
Nada Yoga – Music Certificate Course (Flute)
25th February to 17th June, 2023
Registration are CLOSED for current batch, Please CHECK back in JULY !
Every Saturday: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Course fee: $ 350 (includes flute and meditation mat)
Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) is a music composer and flute player. His international music performances started in 2004 from South Korea and later continued in various music festivals in Japan, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Australia, Singapore and USA. He received awards from ministry of culture, served as a music teacher in Indian government’s embassies. He is a maestro of classical music of both Hindustani and Carnatic traditions. He studied music therapy and produces celestial music during meditation sessions. For more details, please contact Yogacharya Sri Ravindranath Vempati (Sharma Ji) at (845) 423-3433 or [email protected]
Students can learn Flute for several below advantages & benefits:
- Blowing Flute develops breathing power and removes all kinds of respiratory ailments & bad habits like smoking etc.
- Learning music activates brain and helps to reduce mental tensions and stress.
- Flute being a small instrument easy to carry everywhere as a best friend forever in one’s life and removes feeling of loneliness.
- Flute not only helps individual self, but also listening the sounds of natural instrument like flute for others certainly calms the mind of all surrounded people and society in large.
- Flute is the 1st instrument on the universe. When bamboo trees were made holes by the insects, the blowing wind from the nature made the sound. Humans learn music only from bamboo and learning such a natural instrument takes everyone towards the true nature.
- Flute is a blind instrument, which to be blow only by closed eyes. Except Flute, all other instruments can be seen while playing. Therefore, flute certainly helps in deeper meditation and takes individual towards their soul.
- Blowing a Flute is the ultimate pranayama technique to control the breath. The exhalation makes the melodies and removes all negative forces from our body.
- FLUTE THERAPY: Flute not only helps our physical body problems at subtle level, but also helps our breathing problems like snoring and mental problems like all psycho-somatic health problems. Flute blowing regularly in the morning for few minutes helps the children to balance all their body systems.
- Movements of fingers on the holes of the Flute activates certain nerves and helps to reduce several musculoskeletal health problems including paralysis. Musculoskeletal disorders comprise diverse conditions affecting bones, joints, muscles, and connective tissues.
- MUSIC THERAPY: Blowing flute produces several tunes which can be used as a medicine as per music therapy research.
- Bamboo is not only a beautiful and versatile garden plant that does equally well in sun or shade, it’s also a plant with a long history of being revered for its healing properties. The leaves can be used in herbal teas, and the shoots are often used in Asian cooking.
Below are some of the health benefits of bamboo:
- Purifying Indoor Air – Bamboo was rated a score of 8.6/10 by NASA in the list of plants that purify air. It fights pollutants in the air, purifying the air from formaldehyde, xylene and carbon monoxide.
- Digestion – All sorts of stomach problems can be treated by eating bamboo leaves. Studies have shown that they strengthen and reinforce the stomach muscles.
- Spiritual Healing – Bamboo has long been considered to have miraculous properties. Many attest to the spiritual healing properties of bamboo to date with its negative energy clearing properties. It bolsters self-worth and self-esteem, as your energy channels are cleared and your mood is brightened.
- Powerful energy field – Since ancient times, the bamboo has been known as having an energy field. People in frequent contact with bamboo experience increased strength, stamina, and virility.
- Mental Alertness – Students often use bamboo to stay mentally focused and alert while studying.
- Heals Respiratory Diseases – Black bamboo is used as a mucous purger and natural expectorant.
Please wait while images load…